Monday, March 25, 2013

Onesies now Twofers

My 18 month old daughter is growing and like all parents, I have a pile of size 12 month onesies that are now too small. I obviously need to go out and buy her new size appropriate clothes but don't feel like spending a large or even moderate amount of money for a few items. I could go to Goodwill or a children's consignment shop but the bottom line is I am going to spend about the same amount. Instead of donating her old onesies and buying new clothes I decide to convert them.

I cut across the onesie to cut off the bottom half with the snaps and buy a simple dress pattern with a skirt cut out so I can sew it on the bottom. I am no seamstress by any stretch of the imagination and so I know if I can do it myself, any one can. Seriously!
P.S. To "Spice up" the outfit, you can sew a left breast pocket, faux suspenders or an iron-on store bought design.

No comments:

Post a Comment