Sunday, June 23, 2013

Krafty Kid Fun

Creating portable games that can fit in a tin are a great way to keep your children entertained while traveling! You can get as creative as you want.

I used an old tin from a magnetic poetry set but have seen others use an Altoids tin. I've mixed and matched pieces from existing games lying around the house. The checkers magnets are from a backgammon set. The purple outlined cards, purple putty, paper die and blank sheets came from a fast food kids meal. The cards have challenges like come up with a silly song, tell a knock knock joke, etc and are double sided. This translate into limiting little idle hands.

I handmade the checker, tic tac toe and leafy dice game in the picture below. I even added a few magnetic words so my kindergartener and soon-to-be first grader can practice constructing words.

If you have an iPhone or android phone, then I recommend that you download the FREE PBS kids APP for shows on the go during small shopping trips and even in-the-car entertainment. My toddler loves it.

Taking a few board books along also helps.



1 comment:

  1. This is a really great idea. I especially like the tic tac toe. Very cute. Kids need to have entertainment especially during travelling as it is sometimes very long and boring.
    Thank you for sharing
    Bismah :)

    ReplyDelete